Favorite Pescatarian and Sushi Restaurants in SingaporeMarch 15, 2016
This post is dedicated to a friend I made last week, who wanted to know where are some of the good Japanese restaurants in Singapore where she can get good sushi/fish because she is pescatarian. There are so many in Singapore that I cannot simply name all, but I promised her a list. These are the places I would personally go if I want Japanese or non-meat options in Singapore.
However, before we get started, do take a moment to read to see if the seafood you like is on the sustainable seafood guide. For example, bluefin tuna is being consumed to the point of almost extinction and personally I will not order it. There are many other sustainable options out there, we just have to be more informed!
#01-01 Far East Square, Mon - Sat: 11:30 - 15:00, 18:00 - 22:00, Closed on Sundays, $
2. Senmi Sushi
Emporium Shokuhin, Marina Square, 11.30am to 10pm daily, $
3. Sushi Tei (all outlets)
10.30 to 10pm daily, $$
4. Hakumai Omakase
International Plaza, 11:30AM–2:15PM, 6–9:45PM, closed on Sundays, $$$
Other places for good Japanese food
5. Koji Sushi Bar at 3 Pickering Street (Burpple link) for chirashi don
|Credit: Kieffer Tay on Burpple|
6. Chikuwa Tei at 9 Mohammed Sultan Road (Burpple link) for chirashi don
7. Kaiware at #02-15 Triple One Somerset, 11.30am – 3pm, 6pm – 10pm for chirashi don by ex-Wasabi Tei and Chikuwa Tei chef. Huge chunks of fish, served separately from rice.
|Credit: JayQuee Pang on Burpple|
8. TOMI Sushi at multiple outlets such as in Novena, Katong, Cuppage Terrace, and #02-12/13 Millenia Walk, 11:30-15:00 (L.O.14:30), 17:30-22:00 (L.O.21:30).
9. Shin Minori at UE Square (blog review) for Japanese ala-carte buffet
**BONUS** Other vegetarian/vegan places to check out
(good list here on Honeycombers)
1. Sufood (blog post)
#02-19, Raffles City Shopping Centre, 252 North Bridge Road, Singapore 179103
11:30 - 22:00 daily
Vegetarian modern Asian cuisine in Raffles City, very fun to try out the different renditions that are healthy yet tasty.
2. Afterglow (burpple link)
24 Keong Saik Road, Singapore 089131 from 12pm to 11pm daily
|Credit: Rachel Loo|
3. Real Food
110 Killiney Road, Tai Wah Building, Singapore 239549 from 10am to 10pm daily (link)
#B1-105/106/129 Novena Square 2 at 10 Sinaran Drive from 9am to 9pm daily (link)
|Credit: Kenneth Lee|